CNA training in Maryland can be obtained at community colleges, all of which provide state approved training courses for nurses. Some of the more popular schools with CNA programs include the University of Phoenix in 4 campuses in Fairfax, Arlington, Manassas and Reston, as well as the Everest Institute in Silver Spring. These courses require 100 hours of training for students.
The Maryland Board of Nursing handles CNA certifications within the state. To become a certified nursing assistant, you must complete a CNA training program, which will give you the skills and knowledge you will need to write successfully in the state licensing examination. You have to pass this in order to receive a license to work in health care facilities. Most training programs are quite short in duration, some as little as 3 months, and graduates are able to start working within a fairly short timeframe after receiving their license. Specialized training courses consist of between 120 to 140 classroom hours of classes and instructor lessons. Colleges hire experienced, registered professionals with many years of experience in the industry as instructors, and their knowledge is essential when assisting students in clinical settings as part of the training course. CNAs will be able to find employment in hospitals, nursing homes, rehab facilities and various other kinds of health care facilities.
Campus Based Certified Nursing Assistant Schools in Maryland
- Professional Medical Assistant Plus
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Office Assisting
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
Since 1866, Davenport University has been providing students with real-world experience, giving them the edge they need to get the career they want.
Our goal is to offer guaranteed job placement to most of our students by 2020.
- Medical Assisting, AAS
- Nursing Completion Program, BS
- Nursing, MSN
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!