CNA training in Maryland can be obtained at community colleges, all of which provide state approved training courses for nurses. Some of the more popular schools with CNA programs include the University of Phoenix in 4 campuses in Fairfax, Arlington, Manassas and Reston, as well as the Everest Institute in Silver Spring. These courses require 100 hours of training for students.
The Maryland Board of Nursing handles CNA certifications within the state. To become a certified nursing assistant, you must complete a CNA training program, which will give you the skills and knowledge you will need to write successfully in the state licensing examination. You have to pass this in order to receive a license to work in health care facilities. Most training programs are quite short in duration, some as little as 3 months, and graduates are able to start working within a fairly short timeframe after receiving their license. Specialized training courses consist of between 120 to 140 classroom hours of classes and instructor lessons. Colleges hire experienced, registered professionals with many years of experience in the industry as instructors, and their knowledge is essential when assisting students in clinical settings as part of the training course. CNAs will be able to find employment in hospitals, nursing homes, rehab facilities and various other kinds of health care facilities.
Campus Based Certified Nursing Assistant Schools in Maryland
- Professional Medical Assistant Plus
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Office Assisting
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.