CNA training in Maryland can be obtained at community colleges, all of which provide state approved training courses for nurses. Some of the more popular schools with CNA programs include the University of Phoenix in 4 campuses in Fairfax, Arlington, Manassas and Reston, as well as the Everest Institute in Silver Spring. These courses require 100 hours of training for students.
The Maryland Board of Nursing handles CNA certifications within the state. To become a certified nursing assistant, you must complete a CNA training program, which will give you the skills and knowledge you will need to write successfully in the state licensing examination. You have to pass this in order to receive a license to work in health care facilities. Most training programs are quite short in duration, some as little as 3 months, and graduates are able to start working within a fairly short timeframe after receiving their license. Specialized training courses consist of between 120 to 140 classroom hours of classes and instructor lessons. Colleges hire experienced, registered professionals with many years of experience in the industry as instructors, and their knowledge is essential when assisting students in clinical settings as part of the training course. CNAs will be able to find employment in hospitals, nursing homes, rehab facilities and various other kinds of health care facilities.
Campus Based Certified Nursing Assistant Schools in Maryland
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Office Assisting
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!