For CNA training in NYC, there are many schools that are New York State licensed and nationally accredited, meaning graduates will be recognised not just nationally but internationally. The ASA College and Kingsborough Community College in Brooklyn, the Bronx Community College, and the City College of New York Continuing and Professional Studies offer CNA programs of at least 100 hours that prepare students for state examinations run by Prometric who also provide practice tests. Many training programs includes a combination of classroom teaching, hours in lab practice and internship within the industry. Most training programs have instructors who are health care professionals who bring with them many years of experience with them. Training programs will teach potential nurses administration skills, as well as learn how to provide emotional support to patients, as well as practical skills such as providing basic care services like grooming and simple medical procedures to assist doctors and nurses. Upon completion of the training, a certified nursing assistant will work under the supervision of a physician assistant, medical doctor, resident, registered nurse and other supervisory staff within a health care facility. CNA training courses prepares individuals for a rewarding career as a nurse aide, not just skilful but caring and compassionate.
Campus Based Certified Nursing Assistant Schools in New York
- Certified Nurses Aide
- Patient Care Technician Level 1
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- And more...
Get hands-on training with Ridley-Lowell Business & Technical Institute. Our campuses in New York and Connecticut can help give you career training in a wide variety of fields, including accounting, cosmetology, criminal justice, electrical systems technology, HVAC, IT, legal assisting, massage therapy, allied health, office administration, and more.
- Medical Assistant - Day
- Medical Assistant - Eve
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assisting
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Clinical Medical Assistant-CERT
- Practical Nurse (LPN)-CERT
- Medical Office Assistant-CERT
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)