CNA Training In Philadelphia can be found in state approved community colleges or public health organizations that offer courses to prepare potential nurses to obtain certification as a nursing aide. Courses are available at the Southeastern Pennsylvania Chapter of the American Red Cross, Health and Technology Training Institute in South Broad Street, Mercy Vocational High School in West Hunting Park Ave and also at the Professional Nurses Services Training Center in Stenton Avenue, offering programs that are a minimum of a 100 hours. Certification tests are run by Pearson VUE which is nationally recognised. In order to become a CNA, individuals must be trained in both the theoretical and clinical basics which cover basic skills such as administration to practical skills such as grooming patients and emergency procedures. Training in Philadelphia can normally be completed in 6 to 12 weeks, with students required to complete at least 50 to 75 hours of training before being allowed to take certification exams. This is to ensure that they have had sufficient hands-on training to know what to expect when working in the health care industry. Certified nursing assistants will find work in various health care facilities such as hospitals, nursing homes, outpatient clinics, provide private care for in-home patients as well as the elderly in assistant-care living facilities.
Campus Based Certified Nursing Assistant Schools in Philadelphia
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
- Nurse Aide
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Nurse Educator Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Executive Leader
At YTI Career Institute, we are your beacon—brightening your future outlook and lighting your path to a rewarding career. As a YTI student, you’ll enjoy five advantages:
1. Industry-modeled training in Trades and Technical, Computers, Business, Medical, Culinary Arts or Criminal Justice.
2. Accelerated programs you can complete in as few as 9 months.
3. Energized, student-centered faculty who provide personalized instruction.
4. Financial Aid assistance for those who qualify.
5. Career Services assistance through your Career Services Specialist.
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
No matter what occupation you choose to pursue, the competition for a good job is fierce. Lansdale School of Business (LSB) can help you stand out from the rest by teaching you the specific skills you need to succeed in the career you desire.
- Associate Degree-Medical Assistant
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Assisting
Berks Technical Institute (BTI) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Dental Assistant - Associate in Specialized Technology
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant Plus
- Respiratory Therapy