For CNA training in Orlando, head to community colleges where training programs consists of both academic and practical courses. Becoming a certified nursing assistant or CNA requires specialized CNA training and that means choosing the best community college. Keiser University in multiple locations offers courses in nursing and medical assisting, while the Everest University has a medical assistant program, both of which are approved by the Florida Board of Nursing and take as little as 5 weeks to complete. The license exam in Florida is available through Prometric for both the written and skills examination and students must go through the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and FBI screening. Apart from nursing theories, potential nurses will learn general duties such as daily chores, monitoring the functions of medical equipment, recording a patient’s vital signs and also providing emotional support to patients and their families. Most programs hire registered health care professionals with years of experience to teach and assist students. Every student who completes CNA training has to sit for an exam and undergo police and health checks before they start working in any health care facility. It is a career that is very rewarding and CNAs will get a lot of hands-on experiences while working directly with patients from all walks of life. Certified nursing assistants are currently in high demand in the United States and should find work easily.
Campus Based Certified Nursing Assistant Schools in Orlando
- Has specialized in career training since 1982.
- Offers beginning to advanced training in computer repair, medical assisting, cosmetology, nursing, and more.
- Continually maintains programs according to industry needs by working closely with industry experts and employers.
- Provides well-equipped training facilities to give students the advantage of hands-on training.
- Its instructors attend seminars and workshops to keep current with new technology and topics.
- Patient Care Technician (10-month diploma program)
- Medical Assistant Technician (10-Month diploma program)
- Patient Care Technician Diploma
- Medical Assistant Technician - Diploma
Get personalized attention at UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services—they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training at our campuses in Tampa and Clearwater, Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant Program
- Medical Assisting
Our career-focused programs and flexible class schedules make Southeastern a great choice for busy working adults. Small classes ensure personalized attention for each student, and you will gain career skills in an educational environment that simulates the workplace, so you can begin using your education immediately on the job.
- Diploma in Medical Assisting
- Diploma in Medical Assisting - Bilingual
- Diploma in Practical Nurse
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Associate of Science in Respiratory Therapy
- Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
Pursue your education with American College for Medical Careers. We offer degree and diploma programs in the allied health field at our campus in Orlando, Florida.
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate
- Dental Assisting with Expanded Functions
- Respiratory Therapy
- Several nursing programs are available at the bachelor's, post-graduate, master's, and doctoral levels.
- Graduate-level specialization options include Nurse Educator, Family Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Administrator, and more.
- Nursing programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (PGC)
- Nursing - Nurse Educator Specialization (RN-MSN)